Name of Regional Directorate: Patna
Address of Regional Directorate:Block–A, Room No.20-21, (2nd Floor), Mourya Lok Complex, Dak Bungalow Road, Patna – 800 001
Name of Regional Director: Shri Surendra Sehgal
Contact details:Phone No. 0612-2221467, Fax No. 0612-2211604, E-mail: ro.patnancdc.in
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate):
25.6096033,85.1321282,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3 9ed585cf9bd53f1:0x62bb35ee21ca90c5!8m2!3d25.6095985!4d85.1343169" target="_blank"> https://www.google.com/maps/place/NATIONAL+COOPERATIVE+DEVELOPMENT+CORPORATION/ 25.6096033,85.1321282,17z/data= !3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x39ed585cf9bd53f1:0x62bb35ee21ca90c5!8m2!3d25.6095985!4d85.1343169
Cooperatives in Bihar:
|S. No.||category in societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||32|
|2||District Central Cooperative Bank||22|
|3||District level milk union||8|
|4||Harit Vegetable Processing and Marketing Cooperative Union Ltd.||1|
|5||Primary Agriculture Credit Society||8463|
|8||Thrift & credit||327|
|18||Fruits & Vegetable growers||342|
|29||Self -Supporting (Swalambi)||7887|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes:
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2020, NCDC has provided total disbursement of Rs. 2157.88 crore benefiting various cooperative projects/units as follows:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||517.03|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||400.30|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||0.22|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements
Achievements during last 6 years (Up to 31.03.2020)
Assistance(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 6 years (2014-15 to 2019-20):
NCDC has played a major role in developing “Sudha” dairy brand as a “Pride of Bihar”. The state level Dairy Federation i.e. COMFED has availed financial assistance for 16 dairy projects up to 31.03.2019 an assistance of Rs. 228.40 crore has been released.
ICDP projects have played a crucial role to support un-tapped PACS from various sectors and helped to flourish them from the very beginning stage. Out of 38 districts in Bihar State, ICDP project has covered 22 districts till now. The districts are Rohtas, Gopalganj, Madhubani, Gaya, Saran, Siwan, Sitamarhi, Bhojpur, Ara, Khagaria, Buxar, Kaimur, Vaishali, Nalanda, Jehanabad, Araria, Motihari, Aurangabad, Begusarai, Darbhanga, Purnea and Betia. Project has been appraised in 12 districts and will be sanctioned soon. The districts are Patna, Muzaffarpur, Nawada, Katihar, Supaul, Saharsa, Bhagalpur, Banka, Arwal, Lakhisarai, Jamui and Samastipur. ICDP project will also be implemented in rest of 4 districts, namely, Munger, Sheikhpura, Kishanganj and Madhepura in Bihar. As on 31.03.2020, the assistance released for ICDP Projects in the State is Rs.400.30 crore.
Storage & Cold Storage
NCDC has played a vital role in developing Cooperative Storage & Cold Storage Business in the Bihar state by supporting cold storages like Mahua & Barauni Cooperative Cold Storage and others etc. With the NCDC assistance under its normal schemes, 3057 rural and marketing godowns have been constructed in the State while 1208 godowns have been created under ICDP Scheme. As on 31.03.2020, an assistance of Rs.110.38 crore has been provided for the purpose in the State.
State Cooperative Bank
NCDC has supported State Cooperative Bank (SCB) for farm procurement from farmers and will continue to support in the future too. NCDC has sanctioned Rs.1400 crore to State Cooperative Bank & released Rs. 800.55 crore for farm procurement, up to 31.03.2020.
As on 31.03.2020, Rs.556.55 crore has been sanctioned and Rs.439.05 crore released by NCDC for establishment of Farm Mechanization Hubs in the State of Bihar which will benefit 2927 PACS in various districts
Promotional and Development
NCDC Patna has supported two projects worth Rs.23.24 lakh under CSR initiatives which depicts the developmental approach of the organization.
- Ambpali Handloom and Handicraft Multi State Cooperative Society Ltd., Patna: Assistance has been provided for income generation programme. The project has been completed and report submitted.
- Motihari District Central Cooperative Bank: Assistance has been provided for construction of toilet block at bank premises. The project has been completed.
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2020-21:
- 12 ICDP Projects have been appraised by NCDC team and are under consideration. These new projects will directly help to develop PACS & other cooperatives as a business hub and to create direct employment opportunity in the districts covered under ICDP.
- Fisheries Department, Bihar Government has prepared a draft report on “Fisheries Development in Bihar through Cooperatives”. NCDC will favourably consider the proposal after its receipt.
- NCDC is looking forward to support State Level Vegetable (Sabji) Federation planned by the State Government. NCDC will support PACS, District Level Sangh, State Federation to create cold chain infrastructure like pack houses, pre-cooling units, etc. to enable the cooperatives to procure, process, market, branding etc. of vegetables and will help to nurture the State Vegetable Federation as an institution like COMFED.
- NCDC is exploring the sanction of financial assistance to State Cooperative Bank (SCB) for Farm produce procurement on competitive rate basis. NCDC also will assist Cooperative Bank for computerisation.
- The potential of weaker section cooperatives like Dairy and Livestock, Tribal, Handloom and Fisheries will be further tapped.
- Storage and establishment of small agro-processing units will continue to be assisted under ICDP
- Other than under ICDP, establishment of agro-processing units – at least six during the year – under other schemes of NCDC will be focused upon
- Focus will remain on strengthening cooperatives in Aspirational Districts.
- Promotion of Yuva Sahakar scheme, bringing awareness regarding development of cooperatives as Modern Banking Units, etc., will be intensified
- Towards nurturing of cooperatives, RO Patna will cover 400 primary level cooperatives for their nurturing during the year 2019-20. So far, upto August 2019, RO has reached out to 220 cooperatives.
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts (identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives :
Emphasis is now to contribute to development of 13 Aspirational Districts identified by NITI Aayog in the State i.e. Araria, Aurangabad, Banka, Begusarai, Gaya, Jamui, Khagaria, Katihar, Muzaffarpur, Nawada, Purnia, Sheikhpura, and Sitamarhi.
Gaya, Khagaria and Sitamarhi are the three districts where Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP) was successfully completed. Presently, ICD project is ongoing in Begusarai, Aurangabad, Araria, & Purnia district. Under ICDP, assistance has been provided to PACS, Vypar Mandal, other cooperatives for renovation of Godowns, Margin Money, purchase of furniture & fixtures, Rice Mill, Composite Mill, E-Centre, Computerization of PACS, opening of banking counters with Safe locker facility & also provided financial assistance to those SHGs affiliated to the cooperative society.
Banka, Jamui, Shiekhpura, Nawada, & Muzhaffarpur District & other Aspirational District have been identified and proposed to be covered under ICDP. Besides these projects NCDC has provided financial assistance to Gaya and Sitamarhi Districts Coop. Milk Producers Societies Union Ltd., towards modernization-cum-expansion of milk packaging unit towards installation/modernization-cum-expansion of milk collection centres.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2020-21:
|Special Category(Dairy)||Excellence:-Ratanman Babhangama Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd. Dist. – Begusarai, Bihar|
|Merit:-Khamhar Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd. Dist.– Begusarai, Bihar.|
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- Implementation of ICDPs in all districts.
- Construction of Storage / Godown at all level of Societies.
- Setting up of Agriculture / Horticulture product-based processing units including setting up of composite units of rice / dal / chana / flour mills.
- Setting-up of Seed processing units.
- Setting-up of Agri-clinics.
- Setting-up of Bio-fertilizers / organic manure production / vermi-compost units.
- Setting-up of Bee-keeping and Honey processing units.
- Development of Minor Irrigation / Water Harvesting infrastructure through Cooperatives.
- Modernization of Cold Storages and setting up of onion storages
- Revival of Marketing / Consumer Societies / Federations/ Apex Level Federation.
- Development of Handloom / Power loom / Handicrafts / Industrial Cooperatives.
- Establishment of integrated cooperative Dairy / Fishery / Poultry / Goatery / Pig-rearing units with value addition processing units.
- Setting-up of feed-mix units for Animal / Poultry, etc.
- Computerization and IT Infrastructure in Cooperatives, especially Cooperative Banks.
- Organization of Labour Cooperatives and Service Cooperatives.
- COMFED (Bihar State Milk Co-Operative Federation Ltd.): The Bihar State Milk Co-Operative Federation Ltd. (COMFED) was established in 1983 as the implementing agency of Operational Flood (OF) programme of dairy development on “Anand” pattern in Bihar. Its brand name “Sudha” for milk and milk product has become a symbol of quality, aptly called the “Pride of Bihar”. As on date, nine out of ten dairy plants are ISO: 9001:2000 and HACCP: IS: 15000:1998 certified.
- Anuradha Chak Dugdh Utpadak Sahyog Samiti Ltd.,Village – Anuradha Chowk, Jahangirpur Sham, Mahanar, District – Vaishali: Outstanding performance at village DCS level and success in providing its members remunerative returns towards their produce.
- Sarairanjan Paschimi PACS, Gudhma, P.O. Sarairanjan, District – Samastipur : Outstanding micro-credit business. Award Winner under NCDC’s Excellence Award Scheme.
- Mahua Cooperative Cold Storage Society Ltd., Mirjanagar, District Vaishali (Bihar): Excellent Coop. Cold Storage Business. Also establishing a cold chain project.