Plot No-89, Sector-18,Institutional Area,
Gurugram, Haryana- 122015
Telephone: + 91124 2349027
Fax:+911242340674, Email : linacncdc.in, topicncdc.in
NCDC had set up its own training institution in 1985 through a World Bank project. This institution over time has become a major facility for developing competencies of cooperative sector professionals in India and abroad. Building upon the strength of the training Institution and to promote research and development in the cooperative sector, the Government of India in February, 2018 upgraded the institute with a broader mandate for training, research and consultancy and renamed it Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC).
The Academy endeavors to develop its programmes and interventions with a strong client-orientation and inter-disciplinary perspective to strengthen institutional capabilities and human resources in cooperatives. The Academy organizes various kinds of training programmes throughout the year for the officials of NCDC assisted projects, State Cooperative Departments, Cooperative Federations / Societies and other organizations dealing with agriculture and allied sector. It also conducts training programmes for International participants.
Functional Linkages of LINAC
The Institution during its journey over the years has built up functional collaboration with premier national and international institutions for capacity development interventions in myriad areas.
|Centre for International Cooperation and Training in Agricultural Banking (CICTAB)||National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)|
|International Cooperative Alliance (ICA)||Warehousing Development and Regulatory Authority (WDRA)|
|Network for Development of Agricultural Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC)||National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (NIAM)|
|Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management (VAMNICOM)||National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE)|
|National Horticulture Board (NHB)||National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks (NAFCUB)|
|Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)||P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad|
|National Federation of State Cooperative Banks (NAFSCOB)||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)|
Keeping in view to learn, assimilate develop further on the core strengths, experience and institutional objectives of the respective parties in the public interest of advancement of training, action research, studies, consultancy, monitoring, evaluation, system development and technology development in the areas of agriculture and development cooperative sector, NCDC - LINAC has signed various Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) like National Institute of Agriculture Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad, P.V. Narsimha Rao Telangana Veterinary University, Hyderabad, National Federation of Urban Cooperative Banks and Credit Societies, an organization dedicated to the cooperative movement, Asia Pacific Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (APRACA), Thailand, and International Cooperative Alliance- Asia and Pacific (ICA-AP) (Record Memorandum for Technical Collaboration). The MoUs are non financial and intended to build mutual cooperation between NCDC and the mentioned organisations. LINAC has its team of core and resource groups, broadly divided into eleven operational areas.Adopting the contours of the National Training Policy of the Government of India as a systematic approach of training, LINAC conducts Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and designs programs based on client requirements and implements them with basic tenets of pedagogy.
LINAC as Nodal Training Institution at Central Level for FPOs & FFPOs
LINAC is designated as Nodal Training Institution at central level for FPOs registered under Co-operative Societies Act and promoted by NCDC, under Central Sector Schemes on Formation and Promotion of 10,000 Farmer Producer Organisations (FPOs).
LINAC and its 18 RTCs are Nodal training institutions for FFPOs under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), among others.
LINAC conducts training and awareness programs, exposure and capacity development programs for Fisheries Cooperatives/ Fisheries Farmers Producers Organisation (FFPOs) under PMMSY.
LINAC - NCDC Fisheries Businesses Incubation Centre (LIFIC)
LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFIC) - the country’s first-of-its kind, dedicated business incubator was inaugurated by Shri Parshottam Rupala, Hon’ble Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in presence of Dr. L. Murugan, Minister of State for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, on 16 November 2021. LIFIC has been set up under the Government of India flagship scheme of PMMSY in LINAC, the training and consultancy wing of NCDC, located in Gurugram.
Under PMMSY of the Government of India, LIFIC is being set up by LINAC would extend relevant incubation support to young professionals/ entrepreneurs, progressive fish farmers, fisheries based industries and other entities who will operate in collaboration with fisheries cooperatives at various levels namely, primary, district, state, multi-state or at national federation level.
It would primarily focus on launching business models and handholding them in negotiating myriad of market dynamics with the aim of resulting in sustainable revenue generation and business operations. In essence, the business incubator is the natural next step to technology incubators as it would carry forward new products and innovative business models to market fruition.
Three programs for one month duration at LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LIFIC) covering overall six month incubation period under PMMSY were organised benefiting 30 Young Professionals/ Entrepreneurs/ Progressive Fish Farmers/ Personnel of Cooperatives, associated with Fisheries Business have been conducted as on 31.03.2022.
It is a mission mode activity of NCDC, was launched by the Hon’ble Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare on 28.02.2018 to achieve the Mission of New India by 2022 through cooperatives The programme aims at overall development of districts by way of identification of viable sectors for funding, both in farm and non-farm sectors. Handholding is provided wherever needed. The funding for the projects will be liberal with convergence of Central and State Sponsored Schemes. As on 31.03.2022, NCDC has covered 222 districts including 117 Aspirational Districts under FOCUS 222. During 2021-22, the Corporation has reached out to 4288 PACS and cumulatively to 14280 PACS. In addit6ion to the above ,NCDC has reached out to the East and North-Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and West Bengal under the programme to benefit farmers.
FUNCTIONS / ACTIVITIES
- National Training Programmes
- Organizational Development
- Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Cooperative Sector .
- Formulation, Appraisal, Monitoring of Development Projects for Rural Transformation.
- Developing Cooperative Guidance and Consultancy skills.
- Training of Trainers.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) for young managers in Rural Financing Institutions (RFI)
- Implementation of Integrated Cooperative Development Projects
- Management of Cooperative Banking.
- Management Development Program for Women Cooperators.
- Management Development Programmes (MDP) for Allied sector Cooperative Functionaries (Dairy, Fisheries, and Livestock Piggery etc).
- Management Development Program for Agri-Produce Marketing Cooperatives.
- Warehousing and Storage Management
- Agri export Export Promotion
- Emerging Technologies and New Areas for Cooperative Development
- Skill Upgradation Program in IT Application and Cyber Security
- General Management and Human Resource Management
- International Training Programmes
- Disaster Risk Management Mainstreaming and Cooperative Development Workshop.
- Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Inclusive Cooperative Development./li>
- Developing of Managerial Skills for Agriculture Cooperatives and Rural Financing Institutions.
- Exchange Programme for Young Agriculturists from Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Emerging Technologies in Agriculture and Allied Sectors for Cooperatives
- Cyber Risks and Mitigation
- Entrepreneurship Development on Seaweed Business By Cooperative
Consultancy and Research
- Training Needs Identification and Analysis
- Development of training systems, programmes and materials.
- Preparation of project reports
- Appraisal and evaluation of projects
- Conduct research and development to evolve new policies, practices and models for developing effective and member centric business enterprises
- Promoting development of cooperative enterprises in agro-processing, industrial sector etc.
Promotion and Development schemes of NCDC
- Fellowships for Faculty Development Programme (FDP) at IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Indore to develop professional skills and training capability of cooperative institutions
- Fellowship for Post-Graduation Diploma in Cooperative Business Management at VAMNICOM, Pune for development of managerial skills of managers/executives of cooperatives
- Study visits for the Directors of BoM, Chairman, CEOs and other key personnel of cooperative societies to successful cooperatives societies within the country to help them learn success factors and develop conviction in cooperatives and replicate the success
- Sprawling lush green campus of about 5 acre.
- Adjacent to Delhi-Jaipur Expressway and proximity to Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- State-of-the-Art infrastructure which includes air-conditioned training hall, syndicate rooms, auditorium, library and Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Facilities of virtual classrooms equipped with webinars and lectures for e-learning courses.
- In-house design studio for production of self-learning videos and developing study materials for offline and online trainings.
- Air-conditioned hostel and dining facilities.
- Recreation facilities which includes indoor and outdoor games, mini gym and exercise equipment.
LINAC Regional Training Centres
The Corporation with a view to extend the scope and reach of LINAC and to focus on nurturing the primary level cooperatives has set up 18 regional training centres (RTCs). The focus of these RTCs is on developing professionalism in primary cooperatives in agriculture and allied sectors. These centers mainly run different programmes on management of primary level cooperatives of various sectors thereby, addressing capacity development needs of the primary cooperatives which are the backbone of the cooperative sector. The Programmes are customized and designed based on the need to equip key functionaries of primary level cooperatives with appropriate knowledge, competencies and mindset to run the societies on cooperatives principles and thrives as rural growth centers. Regional Training Centres are being prepared to launch awareness cum training programs for the FPO cooperatives and Fisheries FPOs.
- During the year 2021-22, LINAC has conducted 97 programs for 5092 participants.
- Cumulatively, more than 38164 personnel have participated in more than 1114 training programs/ workshops/ webinars organized by LINAC, of which 150 programmes attended by 4831 personnel were conducted under the Government of India assisted Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojna (RKVY) Capacity Building Project
- During the year 2021-22, LINAC RTCs have conducted 159 Programmes for 14835 personnel of Primary Level Cooperatives. Cumulatively, RTCs have trained 18946 personnel through 232 training programmes
- Network for the Development of Agriculture Cooperatives in Asia and the Pacific (NEDAC) jointly organized a workshop on Coconut Oil Production, Processing and Marketing on 30 October, 2021 with LINAC on hybrid mode. Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare was the Chief Guest in the workshop.
- In order to strengthen the cooperative movement, National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) undertook fifteen (15) sectoral consultative discussions on Coir, Agro and Food Processing, Cold-Chain, Consumer and Retail, Storage, Dairy, Fruits and Vegetables, Fisheries, Hospitals And Health Care, Labour, Livestock, Marketing, Sugar, Textile and Women cooperatives, through VC mode on 9th, 13th and 14th September, 2021. Several eminent resource persons from Central Government, experts and representatives from cooperative sector and senior officials of NCDC participated in the discussions
- An International Webinar on “Cyber Risks and Mitigation for Cooperatives” for NEDAC and NCDC assisted cooperatives was jointly conducted by LINAC and NEDAC, Bangkok/li>
- An International Webinar on “Entrepreneurship Development on Seaweed Business by Cooperatives’ was jointly organised by Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India, LINAC-NCDC, Department of Agriculture Cooperation & Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India and NEDAC, Bangkok
- Two International programmes in collaboration with CICTAB for managerial personnel of their member institutions from SAARC region
- Two capacity building programs for TSDDCF Officials under Milch Animal Project and two capacity building programs for officials of line Department of Meghalaya under Meghalaya Milk Mission
- Three programmes for one month duration at LINAC-NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LIFIC) covering overall six month incubation period under PMMSY were organised benefiting 30 Young Professionals/ Entrepreneurs/Progressive Fish Farmers/Personnel of Cooperatives, associated with fisheries business /li>
- Training programs on Warehouse Management and Scientific Storage in association with Warehouse Development Regulatory Authority were organised for Incharges/ Managers/ Supervisors/ Representatives of warehouseman of the warehouses
- Awareness cum Training Programs on Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) organised for the Personnel of Fisheries Cooperatives Societies
Training Calendar for the year 2022-23 Click Here
- International Collaborative Training Programme on “Adopting Area Based Integrated Approach for Cooperative Development– Experience of NCDC ICDP Scheme in Indian Context” - Click Here
- International Training Programme on Developing Managerial Skills For Agricultural Cooperatives And Rural Financing Institutions - Click Here
- ICDP - Click Here
- Training Programme on “Image Building & PR” - Click Here
- General Management in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Business Development and Assets Management in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Accounts and Book Keeping in Primary Level Cooperatives - Click Here
- Role of Women Directors in Governance and Business Development in - Cooperatives/SHGs - Click Here