X. Documented Procedures / Laid Down Procedures / Defined Criteria / Rules to arrive at a particular decision matter. Different levels through which a decision process moves
NCDC assistance is not individual beneficiary oriented but is meant for development of Cooperatives. In this regard, NCDC supplements the efforts of State Governments. Financial assistance is sanctioned either through State Governments or directly to cooperatives. Process for decision making is given below:
- Proposals funded through State Governments
- On receipt of proposal from State Government on the prescribed loan application form, NCDC undertakes desk or field appraisal as deemed necessary.
- Proposals with NCDC’s Assistance up to Rs.1.00 crore are sanctioned by respective Regional Directors in consultation with Regional Screening Committee. RDs are also empowered to consider escalation up to 20% of original sanction except subsidy from Corporation’s resources.
- Proposals for NCDC’s assistance up to Rs.1.00 crore are considered by Divisional Heads in consultation with respective Divisional Screening Committees. These Committees are also empowered to consider escalation up to 20% of original sanction, except subsidy from Corporation resources.
- Proposals for NCDC’s assistance exceeding Rs.1.00 crore are considered by the Internal Screening Committee under the Chairmanship of the Managing Director.
- Managing Director is empowered to sanction proposals / projects with NCDC’s assistance not exceeding Rs.5.00 crore for projects and Rs.50 crore (subject to ratification by BOM ) in case working capital loan. He is also authorized to approve escalation up to 20%
- Proposals, where NCDC’s assistance exceeds Rs.5.00 crore, are placed before BOM for approval after clearance by the Internal Screening Committee.
- Funds are released as per the terms and conditions of the sanction.
- Integrated Cooperative Development Projects (ICDP)
- State Governments recommend the names of the districts to be covered under the ICDP Scheme.
- Thereafter, a detailed project report (DPR) is got prepared by multi disciplinary group of experts or by an outside consultancy organization identified for the purpose by the State Govt.
- After examination of the DPR, on-the-spot appraisal is carried out by a team of NCDC officers.
- The proposal is placed before Internal Screening Committee for consideration. After clearance of the Internal Screening Committee, the proposal is submitted to the Chairman, Board of Management (BOM) for approval.
- Direct Funding to Cooperatives
- Proposals for availing financial assistance are submitted by cooperatives directly to NCDC in prescribed loan application form
- The proposals are first examined in the concerned Division to ascertain whether these meet the eligibility criteria for direct funding.
- Thereafter, the proposals are placed before the Pre-Screening Committee, which determines suitability of the proposals for direct funding and if so, whether detailed appraisal of the project is required to be taken up
- After clearance of the Pre-Screening Committee, field appraisal is undertaken by a team constituted by the Managing Director.
- Proposals with NCDC’s assistance up to Rs.1.00 crore and escalation up to 20% of original sanction, except subsidy from Corporation resources, are considered by Regional Screening Committee and submitted to concerned Division at the Head Office for approval as per laid down procedure.
- Proposals with NCDC’s assistance up to Rs.1.00 crore and escalation up to 20% of original sanction, except subsidy from Corporation resources, are considered by respective Divisional Screening Committee at the Head Office for approval.
- Proposals, where NCDC’s assistance exceeds Rs.1.00 crore, are placed before Internal Screening Committee chaired by the Managing Director.
- Managing Director, in consultation with the Internal Screening Committee, is empowered to sanction proposals, where NCDC’s assistance does not exceed Rs.5.00 crore and escalation up to 20% for project loans.
- Proposals, where NCDC’s assistance exceeds Rs.5.00 crore in case of term loan of Rs.50 crore in case of working capital loan , are placed before BOM for its approval based on recommendations of the Internal Screening Committee. In case of any relaxation in eligibility criteria, matter is placed before BOM for consideration / approval irrespective of the quantum of assistance involved.
- Funds are released as per the terms and conditions of sanction letter.
Note:All major decisions and approvals internally given are reported to Board of Management and General Council in their ensuing meetings.