The role of consumer cooperatives is very significant in the national economy for safeguarding the interest of consumers not only against unethical trade practices by the private traders, but also to enable them to have access to consumer goods of fair quality at competitive / reasonable prices. These cooperatives render useful service by ensuring availability of consumer goods at the door step of the consumer at reasonable price and also by exerting a healthy influence on market prices of essential commodities.
NCDC is operating a scheme for the promotion and development of distribution of consumer articles by Consumer Cooperatives. Under the scheme, financial assistance to consumer cooperatives and to other cooperatives engaged in consumer business at the Primary/District/State/National Level operating in Rural/Semi/Semi Urban/Urban areas will be covered.
Eligible Cooperative Societies:
NCDC provides assistance to primary, district and state level cooperatives, either directly or through State Governments.
- Expansion/renovation of existing infrastructure or construction of new infrastructure such as shopping centre/godown/kerosene bunk/warehouse etc.
- Purchase of furniture & fixtures and transport vehicle.
- Margin money for raising working capital
- Working capital.
- Creation/expansion/modernization of Consumer Oriented Processing/ Industrial Activities..
Mode of Funding
Financial assistance is provided through the State Govt. or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
Quantum of Assistance and Pattern of Assistance
Varies from activity to activity and upto 90-95% of the total cost for the most of the activities. However, in case of strengthening of share capital base/margin money/working capital assistance, the quantum of assistance can be upto 100%.
For detailed pattern of assistance please click at the link provided.
Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme
To encourage newly formed cooperatives take advantage of innovative ventures, especially by societies with new/innovative idea, NCDC has introduced a new scheme titled, “Yuva Sahakar - Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme” linked to a Cooperative Startup and Innovation Fund created by NCDC.Please click for details of the Scheme
Norms for direct funding
Cooperatives operating for minimum three years & broadly fulfilling following criteria are eligible:
- Net worth should be positive
- There should be no erosion in share capital.
- Cash profit in last three years and net profit in two years
- Should be in a position to provide 1.25 to 1.5 times security.
For detailed norms of Direct Funding please click at the link provided.
Common Loan Application Formfor availing assistance under the scheme of NCDC can be downloaded from NCDC’s website.
For further details, please contact or write to:
- Chief Director
4, Siri Institutional Area, Hauz Khas,
New Delhi – 110 016
PABX No.: 26567475, 26569246
Fax: +91-011-26962370, 26516032
- Regional Directorates of NCDC:Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram