Name of Regional Directorate: Bengaluru
Address: 3rd Floor, Karnataka Housing Board Shopping Complex, National Games Village, Vivekanagar Post, Bengaluru – 560 047
Name of Regional Director: Sh. K. N. Sreedharan
Contact details: Ph: 080-25702112, Fax: 080-25701860, E-mail: ro.banglorencdc.in
Google Map link (Route map of Directorate):
Cooperatives in Karnataka
|S. No.||Category of Societies||Number|
|1||State Level Cooperative Organizations (representing Marketing, Dairy Handloom Weavers, Fishermen, Sericulture, Oilseed, Sheep & Goat, Credit and Banking)||51|
|2||District Central Co-operative Banks||21|
|3||Primary Cooperative Agricultural & Rural Development Bank Ltd.||176|
|4||Primary Credit Cooperative Societies||5265|
|5||Milk Producers Cooperative Societies||14279|
|6||Water users Cooperative Societies||2837|
|7||Multi Purpose Cooperative Societies||2032|
|8||Consumer Cooperative Societies||1122|
|9||Employee Credit Cooperative Societies||1048|
|10||Cooperative Sugar Factories||25|
|11||Fisheries Cooperative Societies||569|
|12||Other type of societies||8812|
Implementation of NCDC Programmes (in Karnataka):
Financial support by NCDC:
Up to 31.03.2020, NCDC has provided total assistance of Rs.2801.94 crore benefiting various Cooperative projects/units as below:
|S. No.||Scheme/Activity||Cumulative Disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs. in crore)|
|1||Marketing & Inputs||89.71|
|8||Integrated Cooperative Development Project (ICDP)||25.11|
|10||Service & Agri. Credit||323.85|
Sector wise cumulative disbursements & Cumulative disbursement as on 31-03-2020 (Rs in crore)
Achievements during last 5 years (Up to 31.03.2020)
Assistance(Rs. in crore)
Highlights of the programmes assisted and other relevant achievements/ issues during the last 5 years (2015-16 to 2019-20):
- Promoted Cooperative movement in the state at all levels i.e. from Primary to Apex Federation.
- Working Capital support of ₹1342.31 crore to Sugar Mills has helped them to make prompt payment of cane bills and streamline sugar sales.
- Creation of additional storage facilities under Cooperative sector is another thrust area of NCDC. In Karnataka, Cooperatives have constructed 6196 Nos. of godowns creating additional storage capacity of around 11.80 lakh MTs
- Started funding Dairy Co-operatives for creation of various infrastructural facilities and provided assistance of ₹82.471 crore for 518 Nos. projects of Milk Unions/Primaries.
- Funded Cooperatives in Service sectors like Transport, Hospital, etc.
- Provided working capital to Primary Agriculture Credit Society (PACS) & Souharda Cooperatives under Service & Agriculture sector to the tune of ₹242.305 cr. to 44 Cooperatives.
- Assisted projects under Agriculture Marketing Infrastructure Grading & Standardization (AMIGS) Scheme of GOI for creation of infrastructure like, grading & packing, honey processing, etc.
- Successfully encouraged Cooperatives in availing of assistance under direct funding schemes of NCDC.
- Implemented Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme in Karnataka by providing assistance to 3 units for following purposes:
- Improving the infrastructure of Old Age Home and Shishugrah by Kamadhenu Sahakari Vidyashrama Ltd. (KSVL), Hassan
- Installation of Solar water heaters (SWH) at 20 selected BMCs by Mysore-Chamarajanagar District Coop Milk Producers Societies Union Ltd (MYMUL), resulting in creation of excellent social impact.
- Rural Skill Development Centre to Amargol Prathamika Krushi Pattina Sahakari Sangh, Amargol, Hubballi Taluk, Dharwad District.
New Initiatives in the Region during Year F.Y. 2019-20:
- Establishment of Agro Processing Units for value addition.
- Promoting activities under Yuva Sahakar-Cooperative Enterprise Support & Innovation Scheme and PACS as Modern Banking Units.
- Collection of PACS data from 300 Cooperatives during 2019-20
- Imparting Skill Development programmes for Cooperative personnel through Regional Training Center at Bengaluru of Laxmanrao Inamdar National Academy for Cooperative Research and Development (LINAC).
- In the month of August 2019, as one of the Centers of LINAC for imparting training to Officials of PACS, made all necessary arrangements and conducted the following 3 trainings programmes to officials of PACS, in RO, Bengaluru:-
|Sl. No||Topics on which training imparted||Date of Training||No. of Participants|
|1||Business Development and Assets Management in Primary Level Coop. Societies||02.08.2019||17|
|2||Accounts & Book Keeping in Primary Level Coop. Societies||06.08.2019||14|
|3||Accounts & Book Keeping in Primary Level Coop. Societies||27.08.2019||19|
Initiatives for development of Aspirational Districts(identified by NITI Aayog) through Cooperatives:
NITI Aayog has identified two districts i.e. Yadagiri and Raichur as an Aspirational Districts.
In Yadagir District, totally an amount of Rs.194.15 lakh was provided under ICDP Scheme to 79 PACS for renovation of Godown, Margin Money, purchase of Furniture & Fixture, establishment of E-Kiosk, Computerization of PACS, opening of banking counters with Safe locker facility, replacement of Tin Roof with RCC roofing during the years 2006 to 2013.
In respect of Raichur District, NCDC has provided financial assistance of Rs. 233.93 lakh to Milk Union and Primary Milk Producers’ Cooperative Societies towards modernization-cum-expansion of milk packaging unit and modernization-cum-expansion of milk collection centers during 2012 to 2016.
- NCDC has provided financial assistance of Rs. 3210.00 lakh to Manvi Pattana Souharda Sahakari Bank Niyamitha, Raichur District as a Working Capital loan.
- Rs 124.90 lakh has been sanctioned to Raichur Agricultural Produce Marketing & Processing Co-op Society Ltd., Raichur District towards construction of 2960 MT under AMI Scheme.
Development Opportunities in the State through Cooperatives:
- Modernization-cum-expansion, capacity optimization and cogeneration projects of Cooperative Sugar Mills.
- Working capital to Cooperatives, including sugar mills, marketing & Souharda Cooperatives.
- Creating additional storage capacity by Cooperatives in rural areas.
- Creation of infrastructure facilities by Dairy Cooperatives under CSISAC Scheme.
- Focus on Service Sectors
- Promoting Agriculture Grading, Packing, Processing and other value addition activities.
- Nandi Cooperative Sugar Mill, Vijayapur & Krishna Cooperative Sugar Mills, Athani, Belagavi have witnessed quantum jump in their business operations after taking up Modernization-cum-expansion of sugar mill, byproduct manufacturing & bagasse based Cogeneration plant with NCDC’s financial support.
- Central Areca nut & Cocoa Marketing and Processing Co-operative Ltd., (CAMPCO) has spectacular growth in their business after setting up of Chocolate manufacturing unit set up at Puttur with NCDCs assistance. NCDCs financial support for setting up of 4 Areca nut Grading Packing Units has boosted Campco’s endeavors for value addition activities.
- Retail outlet chains set up by Horticultural Produce Co-operative Marketing & Processing Society (HOPCOMS), at Bengaluru, Kolar, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysore and other major cities in Karnataka.
- Credit & non-credit activities of Singanayakanahalli PACS, Bengaluru Rural District, which is assisted by NCDC, is worth simulating.
- Integrated Marine Fisheries Projects implemented in Uttara Kannada and Dakshina Kannada/Udupi districts.
- Provided financial support to 6 Cooperative Milk Unions in creation of infrastructure to maintain the quality standards of milk & milk products, strengthening infrastructural facilities right from the stage of milk collection, transport, processing, Packaging, distribution up to retailing.
NCDC Regional Awards for year 2018-19:
|Excellence:- The Panja Primary Agricultural Credit Co-operative Society Ltd., L. 1028, PO-Panja Sullia Taluk, Dakshina Kannada District PIN – 574 232||PACS|
|Merit:- Kinnal Primary Agricultural Credit Cooperative Society Ltd., Kinnal, TQ & Dist Koppal, PIN-583231|
|Excellence: - Bhairumbe Milk Producers Co-op Society Ltd., Bhairumbe, Sirsi Taluk, Uttara Kannada District.||SPECIAL CATEGORY (DAIRY)|
|Merit: - Kelgere Milk Producers Co-op Society, Channapatna Taluk, Ramnagara District|
|Excellence:- Yadura Prathamik Krishi Pattina Sahakara Sangh Niyamitha, Chikodi Taluk, Belgaum District||SPECIAL CATEGORY(PROCESSING SECTOR)|
|Merit: - Tarabanahalli Milk Producers women Co-op Society, Doddahejjajji PO, Doddaballapur TQ, Bangalore Rural District.|
|Excellence:- Mudhol Mahila Credit Souharda Sahakari Niyamitha, Mudhol, SS Patil Building, Anand Nagar, Bagalkot District, PIN 587 313||WOMEN COOPERATIVE|
|Merit:- Yashaswini Mahila souharda Credit Co-operative Ltd., #107, Pipeline Main Road, Offices Model Colony, T. Dasarahalli, Bengaluru - 560 057|