राष्ट्रीय सहकारी विकास निगम
NATIONAL COOPERATIVE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
Regional Directorate, BHOPAL
National Cooperative Development Corporation
T T Nagar
State under Jurisdiction: Madhya Pradesh
Major Activities funded in the State
Integrated Cooperative Development Project is the flagship programme of NCDC in Madhya Pradesh. So far NCDC has sanctioned 30 ICDPs, covering 40 districts out of 50 districts in the State. Detailed Project Report (DPR) of 2 districts viz Gwalior and Chhatarpur is being got prepared by the State Govt. and is likely to be forwarded to NCDC soon for consideration. State Govt. recommendation for approval of ICDPs in remaining 8 districts has also been sent to NCDC. As on 31.3.2013 Govt. of MP has availed cumulative assistance of Rs. 289 crores under this programme.
4 Oilseed Processing Units, 1 Vanaspati Unit, 1 Refinery, 1 Lecithin Recovery Unit, 4 Sugar Mills, 1 Spinning Mill, 27 Rice Mills and 38 Dal Mills have been established in the State with NCDC assistance.
Storage & Cold Storage
Total storage capacity of 13.74 lakh tons has been created in the State with NCDC assistance of Rs.87.28 crores, comprising 5181 rural godowns and 1109 marketing godowns. Besides, Corporation also provided total assistance of Rs.25.317 crores for establishment of 24 new cold storages (90400 MTcapacity) and expansion/modernization of 9 cold storages (22250 MT capacity).
Marketing & Inputs
NCDC has cumulatively released Rs.61.52 cores for agricultural marketing and inputs activities in the State under Central Sector and Corporation Sponsor Scheme.
Weaker Section’s Programme.
Collection and Marketing of Tendu leaves (Minor Forest Produce) is a major Tribal activity in Cooperative Sector in Madhya Pradesh. NCDC has played an important roll in the Cooperativisation of Tendu leaves procurement in MP by providing financial assistance to the MP State Minor Forest Produce (T&D) Cooperative Federation, Bhopal for Working Capital, Construction of godowns and Margin Money from time to time. Of late, NCDC has sanctioned an assistance of Rs. 10.51 crores to the federation for construction of 100 small size and 20 large size godowns during 2012-13. NCDC has also sanctioned an assistance of Rs.5.69 crores to the federation for computerization of its 1066 Primary Societies and 61 Unions. During 2013-14.
NCDC has also sanctioned assistance for development of other Weaker Section programmes viz Fishery, Handloom, Sericulture cooperatives in the State.
A total assistance of Rs.17.98 crores has been provided for development of consumer business by cooperatives in the State by NCDC as on 31.3.2013.
Credit and Service Cooperatives:-
To augment their working capital requirement for short term funding, NCDC has so far sanctioned working capital loan of Rs. 150.00 crores to DCCB Khargone, Shajapur and Dhar.
New Initiatives in Madhya Pradesh
Core Banking :
Core Banking Solutions Projects (CBS) is being implemented by the District Central Cooperative Banks (38 Nos.) in Madhya Pradesh with technical assistance of NABARD for which software is being provided by the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). NCDC has offered all the 38 banks to avail assistance from NCDC for purchase of Hardware required for implementation of CBS. So far NCDC has sanctioned total assistance of Rs 10.32 crores to 9 DCCBs who had submitted their project proposal under Direct Funding Scheme of the Corporation.
Though Dairy Cooperatives have been and are being assisted by NCDC through ICDPs in various districts however, during 2012-13 for the first time, NCDC has sanctioned an assistance of Rs. 207.47 lakhs (loan 148.20 lakhs and subsidy 59.27 lakhs ) to the Bhopal Cooperative Milk Union Ltd. under Direct Funding Scheme for Establishment of By-Pass Protein Plant and Upgradation of Laboratory at Cattle Feed Plant, Pachama, Sehore.
Cooperative Cold Storage Rau:-
Founded by 35 members in 1965, the society membership has grown to 383, mainly consisting of potato and vegetable growers. The society is engaged in storage of potato, other vegetables and trading of fertilizers, pesticides and vegetable seeds. It has developed special area for storage of chips potato with lower sugar content. It provides financial assistance and storage facilities to the members on concessional rates. Managed by elected board it has achieved business turnover of Rs. 1466.54 lakh earning a net profit of Rs. 180 lakh during 2010-2011. With “A” class audit, the society has been regularly earning profit and paying dividend @ 25% for the last four years. It has undertaken number of welfare schemes that include organizing eye camp, drinking water supply, organized camps for handicapped person to impart them vocational training. The society has initiated programme for making potato chips products for economic growth of woman through involvement of Self Help Groups. For its extraordinary performance the society has been bestowed 4 times NCDC excellence award.
NCDC has so far (31.03.2013) provided cumulative assistance of Rs.1171 crores, for various cooperative development programmes in the State of M.P.
· There are 50 districts in State of Madhya Pradesh. So far 40 districts have been covered under ICDP programme. Govt of Madhya Pradesh has taken a decision in principle to cover all the districts under ICDP in phased manner.
· During Central Zone Conference of NCDC on the occasion of IYC and GJY on 8.2.2013 at Bhopal, the Commissioner Cooperation and RCS, Madhya Pradesh in his address urged upon MD, NCDC to consider sanction of second phase of ICDPs in those districts of Madhya Pradesh where ICDPs have been completed 7 to 8 years ago.
· During 2011-12 and 2012-13 there was record production of wheat in Madhya Pradesh which has suddenly increased the requirement of storage space in the State manifold. Govt has decided to avail NCDC assistance for construction of large size godowns by the Primary Agriculture Credit Societies in phased manner. According to Govt decision every year proposal of 60 godowns (all 500 MT) will be posed to NCDC. Two lots of 60 godowns each have already been sanctioned by NCDC.
· Similarly Minor Forest Produce (T&D) Cooperative Federation, Bhopal has decided to construct small size godowns (145 MT) for 1066 Primary Forest Cooperative Societies in the State which are involved in voluminous procurement of Tendu leaves. The federation has recently availed NCDC assistance for construction of 100 such godowns during 2012-13.
· To augment their short term funding requirement, the District Central Cooperative Banks can avail short term loan (Working Capital) from NCDC in view of Corporation’s competitive rate of interest. NCDC has sanctioned Working Capital loan of Rs. 50.00 crores each to DCCB Khargone, Shajapur and Dhar. DCCB, Dewas has also applied for Working Capital loan assistance of Rs. 50.00 crores to the Corporation. Other DCCBs in the State have also been sensitized to avail NCDC assistance under the scheme.
· During 2012-13 and 2013-14 NCDC has sanctioned assistance to 9 DCCBs in the State for Core Banking Solution Project under Direct Funding Scheme. In the second phase the banks are now going for installation of ATMs and to provide RTGS and NEFT services . We have offered all the 38 DCCBs in the State to avail NCDC assistance for installation of ATMs, IT Escalation and RTGS/NEFT connectivity under Re-structured Central Sector Scheme.